What does "Hygiene during you sleep" mean?“
This is a term used when we talk about the good habits when it comes to sleeping. Research in this area shows that there is a set of basic habits and instructions, which considerably improve your dream and fix many troubles sleeping, if we follow the same.
There are many medications created for treatment of insomnia, but their effects are short term. On the other hand, using sleeping medication can create addiction and disrupt the healthy dream long term.
However, for every problem connected with insomnia, we recommend you consult your doctor, and follow these habits in order to help yourself fix your problem, or even do it to prevent such problems from happening.
Tips for a good night's sleep
- Create a habit of waking up and going to sleep at the same time. One of the best ways to train your body to sleep well is to go to bed and wake up at the same time each day, even the weekends. This rhythm will make you feel good, and your body will program itself when to go to fall asleep and when to wake up.
- Sleep only when you feel like sleeping. Go to sleep only when you really feel tired. Spending time in bed when you don\'t feel like sleeping only disrupts your dreams.
- Get up and try again. If you can't fall asleep 20 minutes after going to bed, get up and make something that calms you down until you start feeling sleepy. Then, go back to bed and try to sleep again. Sit down in your bed with the lights off (light gives the brain signals that it\'s time to wake up), listen to some relaxing music, meditate... Avoid doing interesting activities, because that stimulates the brain to wake up.
- Avoid caffeine and nicotine. it\'s best to avoid consumption of caffeine (coffee, tea, cola drinks, chocolate or medication) at least 4 to 6 hours before going to bed. These substances react as stimulants and stop you from going to sleep.
- Avoid alcohol. It is best to avoid alcohol consumption at least 4 to 6 hours before going to bet. Many people believe that alcohol will help you relax and go to sleep, but the truth is that sleeping under the influence of alcohol is not quality and the next day you will feel very bad.
- The bed is made for sleeping. Try not to use your bed for anything else, except sleeping and sex. That way, your body will associate your bed only with those activities. If you use your bed as a place where you watch TV from, place where you eat, read, work on your laptop, pay the bills and other activities, your body won't have the association and connection of the bed with sleeping.
- No afternoon naps. It is best to avoid afternoon naps, because you will be tired and sleepy when the time comes for your evening dream. If you can't go through the day without an afternoon nap, try to make it last less than an hour.
- Sleeping rituals. It is useful to have your own rituals that will remind your body that is time to sleep - some people make stretching exercises, others make breathing exercise 15 minutes before going to bed or simply they relax with a cup of decaf tea.
- Warm bath. Hot shower, one to two hours before going to bed can be useful and help you fall asleep easily, because it raises the body temperature and makes you sleepy.
- don\'t look at the time. Many people that suffer from insomnia have the habit of looking at the time during the night. Frequent time checks can make you even less sleepy, especially if you turn on the light in order to see what time it is, and that can disturb you causing thoughts such as "Oh no! it\'s so late and I\'m still not asleep" or "It is so early! What if I can\'t fall asleep again?"
- Make a sleeping journal. Track your habits and activities before going to sleep. The next day write down if you slept well. In a month, you will have an idea what causes sleep disruptions and you can change your habits from there.
- Exercise. Regular exercise is good for quality dream, but be careful not to exercise intensively at least 4 hours before going to bed. Morning walks are great to start your day fresh.
- Eat well. Healthy and balanced diet can make you sleep better, but is important to pick your meal time. Some people have noticed that empty stomach before going to bed makes them upset, and for them it is okay to have a light meal before going to bed, but it is important to note that eating heavy food before sleeping can disrupt your dreams. Some research show that drinking a cup of milk before going to bed (milk contains amino acid which acts as a natural sleeping aid) is a great solution for a good night's sleep.
- Choose the right place. It is very important your bed and bedroom to be located in a quiet part of your home. Sleeping in a colder room, with the body covered is the best way for the body to keep its temperature. Roll down your blinds or use a sleeping mask in order to stop the morning light from waking you up before it\'s time to get up. A great way to stop outside noise from disrupting your sleep is using ear plugs.
- Keep your daily routines the same. Even if last night you didn't sleep well and you feel lazy and tired, don\'t cancel your planned activities, because that can change your biorhythm and cause long term insomnia.
8 signs that show you need a new mattress
For many products we use in our lifetime, we can easily determine when they can't function properly or show signs of wear. That is the right moment for their change.
But, when it comes to mattresses, the signs that they need to be changed are not always obvious. The mattress can often lose its main characteristics which give your body proper support and comfort, and you might not even notice until the moment when you start to feel the consequences.
Because the healthy dream has an important role for our capability to function normally throughout the day and life in general, we can show you some signs that clearly show that it is time to invest in a new mattress:
1. You wake up tired, stiff, with neck pain and lower back pain.
As time passes by, even the best mattresses lose their performance, and that results with improper support of your spine, and pain everywhere as a result of the unnatural position of your body during the night.
2. You fall asleep easily on the couch, in a hotel or another bed
Is the old mattress the real reason about your insomnia, or is there another problem. The easiest way to find out is to sleep on another mattress. If your sleep quality improves, then you should be sure that it\'s time for a new mattress.
3. You sleep restless, wake up often during the night and turn over countless times in order to find the perfect position
Even if you are sure that you have a new and quality mattress, and you keep turning over, you should check whether the chosen model is perfect for your needs. Today, the companies using most sophisticated technologies make mattresses with different characteristics and performance, in order to create perfection for your body characteristics and needs, as well as your preferred comfort.
4. Your mattress shows visible signs of wear (deformation, dents, bumps and lumps of the core)
This is one of the most visible signs that it\'s time for a new mattress. If the mattress loses its shape, you should be sure that it is very harmful and will reflect on your health sooner or later
5. If during the night you feel your partner\'s movements, on your side of the bed
The new generation of mattresses have technology which balances and distributes the weight throughout the surface, so that the movement on one side on the bed can't be felt on the other half.
6. It is older than 7 years.
How long a mattress will last depends on its guarantee, but other factors such as: frequency of usage, maintenance, weight it carries etc. On average, it is recommended to change your mattress after 7 to 10 years, depending on the model.
7. The mattress is squeaking or doesn't go back to its original shape under your weight.
If your mattress is squeaking under your weight, it is clear that its inside is worn, even though it might not be clearly visible.
8. You wake up with rashes from allergies with no logical explanation
Mattresses are prone to collection dust, pollen, animal hair, dandruff, bacteria and mites. As the level of allergens rises, there is a risk of allergies, sneezing, even asthma.
How to choose the perfect mattress for you?
Sleeping is an extremely important part of our lives because it is a natural way for the body to rest and regenerate after everyday labor.
The quality of your sleep depends on the choice of your mattress and the base that it is placed on.
The quality choice of a mattress and base will create transparency of your bed and even distribution of your body\'s weight - the ideal anatomical position and relaxation of the muscles during your sleep.
Before you buy your mattress, it is very important to try it out, lay down on your back and stay for a few moments in this position, and turn on your side and stomach afterwards.
If you feel that the mattress quickly adapts to your position, and you don\'t feel like hanging from a bag, you have found the right one. The mattress shouldn't swing, shake or vibrate when you roll over or sit down on it.
The mattress should preferably be 20 cm longer than your height, and the standard width of a mattress for one person is 90 or 100 cm. If your height or weight is above average, you should choose a non-standard dimension because you will never feel sorry for choosing a larger mattress.
When picking out a mattress, you should take into consideration the base that it will be placed on.
If the base under the mattress is firm, buy a softer mattress and vice versa. A base in the form of laths is the best base which allows air flow and improves the longevity.
- If you are larger or heavier choose a firmer mattress that can carry your weight for a longer period.
- Thinner people should make sure their mattress has a soft and comfortable surface - the pressure on your hips or shoulders which might show up during sleeping on a firm mattress will not go away with time. This is also important for people that suffer from poor circulation: laying on a firm mattress will be painful, therefore they should choose a quality mattress.
- For older adults, comfort is an imperative when choosing a mattress.
- If you choose a mattress for your child, the perfect choice is a medium firm mattress made from memory foam.
- When choosing a mattress for a king size bed, both partners should be happy with the choice - certain mattress manufacturers create king size mattresses with two sides - firm and soft side which are perfectly adjusted to the partners' needs, but if such choice is unavailable, you should choose two different mattresses.
If you buy quality mattresses they will stay equally well next to each other and will not create dents in the middle.
Test the mattresses in our stores for a good night's sleep
When we are talking about an investment such as a good mattress - something that you buy once and is being used for the next 10-15 years, we at MAGNIFLEX insist you come and pick out a mattress after you test every mattress that we offer.
Once you come, don\'t rush and give every model a chance for a couple of minutes.
don\'t be ashamed and test the mattresses just by touching or sitting on the edge.
You should feel free to lay down and relax. If you are buying a king size mattress, we recommend the presence of your partner, so that you can decide what's best for both of you.
Of course, our young and energetic team will always will be here to answer any question, give you tips and help you choose the right model for yourself.
We are expecting you!
Every MAGNIFLEX mattress will give you the proper orthopedic and anatomic support, no matter the firmness or softness of the mattress. The level of comfort is individual and a matter of taste.